You are growing up way too fast.
I hate it. I love it.
I see your face changing daily and it breaks my heart and lights me up, all in the same second.
I worry that I didn’t spend enough time soaking up baby Anna and every phase after that. I remind myself daily to soak up who you are now before that part of you grows up too.
Every new phase we enter brings new challenges but also new celebrations.
Every now and then I wish I could turn back the clock but then I remind myself how grateful I am for where we are now and the present becomes my favorite phase.
- You are 6 years old.
- You are so funny & you’re a little too cheeky for your own good.
- You love to go on dinner dates and coffee dates.
- You still love to hold my hand.
- You are so smart.
- You are becoming more brave and confident daily.
- You play with Barbies, Shopkins & Lego.
- You can read.
- You love to sing and are always making up songs. This morning I heard you singing about math.
- Lucy is your best friend.
- You love to go on family adventures.
- Your favorite foods are anything potato, grilled cheese, banana pancakes, Nutella on anything and berries.
- You have lost 6 teeth. 2 pulled out by the dentist, 1 kicked out at recess and 3 pulled out by me. Your toothless smile makes me smile.
- You love swimming and are working so hard at swimming lessons.
- You hate bedtime. Bedtime can be so hard. You are a master at avoiding getting ready for bed.
- Someone said something kind to you at school about your freckles and now you love them. I’ve loved them all along. I hope you learn to love them on your own.
- You say “I Love You” all the time and leave little love notes in my office for me to find.
- You only have 34 days left of Grade 1.
- You take Hip Hop classes, swimming lessons and have joined the running club at school.
- You really want to read/watch Harry Potter but you’re afraid of Voldemort.
- You love Snapchat & I always find the funniest pictures on my phone.
Anna, you are my favorite & I am so grateful that I get to be your mom.